The layout for St. James’ Cemetery was engineered in 1842 by John G. Howard. It’s chapel is a fine example of Gothic Revival church architecture and has been designated a National Historic Site. The Cemetery was opened in 1844 and the Crematorium was added in 1948.
Click here to see St. James’ Cemetery Tour.
Further details about the History & Architecture of SJCC can be found here.